"I always say shopping is cheaper than a psychiatrist."
-Tammy Faye Bakker
So I often find myself boasting about how I am not super girley and hate shopping but for some reason lately I've fallen under the "Retail Therapy" spell that takes girls by storm. I feel as though there could be several reasons for this sickness.
1. I work for the Devil Wear's Prada. I go to her house and she walks around spitting out a million things for me to do. Oh did I mention she calls me "Bethany?" I fold,hang, and organize boxes filled with thousands of dollars worth of clothes so it's only logical I'd think about mine all the time right?
2. These dang BYU girls are hardcore. Where I come from it is perfectly acceptable to wear a t-shirt and jeans to class, much less a funeral, wedding, or graduation. I've always worn nice clothes but here I feel like it is perfectly unacceptable to even sit inside your home if you aren't dressed to a T. It is without fail that the moment I put on sweats/p.j.s someone comes to visit, not excluding friend's parents who are in town for an evening.
3. It gives me something besides school/work/church to do. Shopping requires little commitment. You don't have to do it at certain time, place, or with a certain group of people. It's almost like being a free spirit in the racks of Nordstrom.
Before you stress about my new found like of shopping (yes I meant to put like because I'm not in love just yet) keep in mind I'm one of the thriftiest shoppers that there ever was. Last night Devo and I spent our evening at the Gateway and I found a dress at gap for 4 bucks and a sweater for 6. Yes, two items of clothing at Gap for 10 bucks. Ladies and Gents, I've still got it!
P.S. - As I folded a sweater that was marked at $465 today my boss complimented me on my $6 dollar sweater. Some people have more money than they have sense.
1. I work for the Devil Wear's Prada. I go to her house and she walks around spitting out a million things for me to do. Oh did I mention she calls me "Bethany?" I fold,hang, and organize boxes filled with thousands of dollars worth of clothes so it's only logical I'd think about mine all the time right?
2. These dang BYU girls are hardcore. Where I come from it is perfectly acceptable to wear a t-shirt and jeans to class, much less a funeral, wedding, or graduation. I've always worn nice clothes but here I feel like it is perfectly unacceptable to even sit inside your home if you aren't dressed to a T. It is without fail that the moment I put on sweats/p.j.s someone comes to visit, not excluding friend's parents who are in town for an evening.
3. It gives me something besides school/work/church to do. Shopping requires little commitment. You don't have to do it at certain time, place, or with a certain group of people. It's almost like being a free spirit in the racks of Nordstrom.
Before you stress about my new found like of shopping (yes I meant to put like because I'm not in love just yet) keep in mind I'm one of the thriftiest shoppers that there ever was. Last night Devo and I spent our evening at the Gateway and I found a dress at gap for 4 bucks and a sweater for 6. Yes, two items of clothing at Gap for 10 bucks. Ladies and Gents, I've still got it!
P.S. - As I folded a sweater that was marked at $465 today my boss complimented me on my $6 dollar sweater. Some people have more money than they have sense.
Loving the PS!
ReplyDeleteLoving the shoutout to Larry!
ReplyDelete