"A mom reads you like a book, and wherever she goes, people read you like a glowing book review."
-Robert Brault,
I'm sure it's rather apparent but I am somewhat of a homebody. I love home. I especially have a big loving spot for my mother and the older I get the bigger that place in my heart becomes. There just simply is no substitution for my mom.
A little bit about the woman herself. She grew up in a small southern town in Georgia. Her home, while loving, wasn't extremely educated, wealthy, or religious. One day when she was looking into schools and came across BYU's family life program. So just like that she packed up with my brother, my aunt, and her parents and moved half way across the country so she could pursue her education in a place she had never been to. From there she was able to not only get an education but became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day-Saints. Sometime after that my dad was lucky enough to find her and before you know it Richard-Ross and I came right along.
I don't think I could have even dreamed up a mom like her. She literally has been more supportive of me than I am worthy. She has continually encouraged me to be my best, act my best, and do my best. While at points in life I felt it rather annoying, her lunch box quotes and themed celebrations always were fun growing up.
Of course all moms are supportive, loving and caring but my mom has one extremely special characteristic. She is my best friend. She knows all my secrets, passions, likes, dislikes, interest, and definitely loves me unconditionally. From dancing in the kitchen to trips to A to Z, I can always have a blast with her by my side.
Where did this post come from? Regardless of the fact that I've been turning to her to help me through my "growing" moments lately I just happen to have an epiphany in class today. I sat there in my Family Processes class and thought about how full circle life is. Years ago my mom, a non-member, just decided to pack up for the chance to study about families at a remarkable university.
I'm so grateful for my opportunities lately but most importantly I am so grateful for the fact that I have a stellar family who is behind me one hundred and ten percent. I'm so lucky that people see characteristics of my mom in me. I couldn't ask for anyone better to be like. I mean after all, she is "Debra Poppins, perfect in every way."
Awwwww. You're too cute. Thank your mom for raising you to be the sort of person who will rescue her room mate from a long night at the lab. :)
ReplyDelete