Thursday, May 19, 2011

What is love?

"A happy home is but an early heaven."
President Thomas S. Monson


Love is having a weekend layover in Salt Lake City anytime you go east of the Mississippi. 
Love is buying new placemats and flowers just so it feels more like home.
Love is swinging by my apartment even though it's already midnight and you've been traveling all day.
Love is being willing to fly me home at a moments notice if you thought it would make me feel better.
Love is buying me two bags of Chettos just because you think that I will like them.
Love is leaving me your brand new favorite chunky necklace because you know that I like it.
Love is going through plane delays, cancellations, and rerouting just to see me. 
Love is telling me how proud you are even when there is nothing to be proud of.

I have great parents. They are a little wacky, random, and loud but they are mine. I couldn't be more grateful for them. No matter what day of the week, what situation, or what I've done wrong they love me regardless. Messed up head and all. ;) They go above and beyond to make sure that I have the best opportunities and support the decisions that I make. 

Gosh it's good to be a Rieske. 

No comments:

Post a Comment