"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."
-Buddy the Elf
Growing up I was always against my mother breaking out her Christmas music until AFTER Thanksgiving. Always. But it is becoming more apparent as I get older how much like my mother that I am. I may or may not have busted out of my Spotify Christmas playlist last week and don't even regret it. The snow was falling and hot chocolate was made, of course it was appropriate to listen to Christmas music.
Plus I'll be honest this Christmas is going to mean I'll be home for three weeks with family and friends, one semester away from graduating, and so many other good things. Hurry Christmas, hurry fast.
As I was driving yesterday I had the thought-I wonder if She & Him has a Christmas album, I'll have to look into that. And what do you know, I checked your blog and you answered my question! I'm sure its an amazing album and I'm so excited to start listening to it. You're not alone in listening before Thanksgiving! In my opinion it's appropriate in the holiday season and that has already begun :)
ReplyDeleteI was the same way, but now it's all I've been listening to!
ReplyDeleteThat's so funny, I've been that same way my whole life. Usually its no Christmas anything until after Thanksgiving. However, that storm last weekend put me in such a Christmasy (not even a real word) mood. I've also been dying to watch the Grinch now!
ReplyDeleteAmen sister! Christmas music should be allowed all year long, besides I love that song!!!
ReplyDeleteoh buddy the elf! i love that show and i love him. by far one of my favorite christmas shows:)
ReplyDeleteI used to be so against Christmas music before Thanksgiving but then someone played it while I was in a car with them and I decided that I liked it because it makes Christmas seem longer! So crazy how our perspective changes with time and experience :)
ReplyDelete