I remember watching some teenage show about a girl living in the future that lived in a space station. On her space station they could video call people. I thought that was the CRAZIEST concept I had ever heard of. Mind you at the time a cell phone was as big as a brick and you were super cool if you had more than one phone line in your house.
Now I can literally use my phone to video call my parents in Arkansas or even friends in England. It is so cool that I can see the new improvements my dad made to our kitchen or my mom's latest craft project. It helps me feel more connected to those I love who are so far away. I had an assignment in which I had to interview my family and the media made it so much easy. Think about the planning I would have to use if I were to have had the same assignment 20 years ago. My procrastination problem would have made it almost impossible.
Moral of the story? Technology rocks.
Moral of the story? Technology rocks.
This is SO true! Sometimes I think about how we can further advance from the iPad and iPhone and I can't even fathom what can come next! But, if we've come this far in just 20 years, imagine how far we can go in the next 20... Technology does rock.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree. Sometimes I get caught up in the whole notion that the media is terrible and whatnot, but it really can do such amazing things! I was out of the country this summer and it was so nice to be able to talk with my family every single week and be able to keep updated on what my siblings were up to and how my dad's work was going and just about life back home!
ReplyDeleteYa we make fun of people that thought we would have flying cars in 2000 because that is still such a ridiculous idea, but we really do have things now that people would have made fun of those who thought it was possible back in the day.
ReplyDelete