Thursday, October 11, 2012

You can do what now?

"I'm a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it." -Ann Dibb, 2012 October Conference 

So this weekend was a big Mormon fun day. We stay in our PJs, turn on the TV, and spend our weekend listening to leaders in our church give us guidance and direction.

Saturday an announcement was made in which the age for LDS missionaries was changed. Previously young men were called to serve at the age of 19 and young women were called at 21. Headlines broke when President Thomas S. Monson told us that now young men could leave as early as 18, while young women can now leave at the age of 19.

Immediately after the announcement all sorts of social media went crazy.


From memes, to tweets, to post on my news feed even if you weren't watching the conference you heard the news. I had to laugh just because of my more recent awareness of how the media impacts my life. I also heard that during the weekend that #ldsconf was trending on twitter. (For those of you who don't use twitter that's a big deal. It means Mormons are finally popular/tech savy.)

Let the rock roll on and keep those cheesy memes coming. 

3 comments:

  1. Some of them really are so interesting and quite cheesy but at least it's getting us out there! I love that #ldsconf was trending on twitter. "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture you put for this post. It is so awesome, sisters can go earlier. I feel old for being 24 when I finshed my mission!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as this announcement was made, my little sister who is 20 wanted to call up the bishop to set up an appointment. She lives in a BYU stake and said that the bishop reported that since the announcement over 200 girls in her stake have made Mission appointments. That is so crazy to me. I love all the memes too!

    ReplyDelete