"A good friends know your stories, a best friend has lived them with you."
In the past few years I've been in airports all over the world. Generally they are the same. People excited about coming and going. The excitement of airports is wrapped into people going on important business trips, new adventures, and old reunions.
I am always begging people to come visit me. Finally after a few years of convincing, I talked my childhood best friend Rachel into coming out to Utah. After looking at our calenders it was determined that she would come out around my birthday. What a great present right? So I made the plans and was thrilled to get to show her where I have been living over the past few years.
While waiting at the airport for her flight I watched missionaries being reunited with families and even a proposal and in my head I was thinking "this is such a happy place." (Those of you with Tweeter know I thought that so much that I tweeted it.) Well Rach came down the escalator and I greeted her with so excited to see her. Then all of a sudden I hear this voice and turn around to Derick Andrew Floyd Weber Wright Ray McKinney in the SLC airport.
That's right. Two of my BEST FRIENDS in the world surprised me and I got to spend the entire weekend with them both., in Utah. My two worlds got to collide if only for three days.
I say this all the time but dang, I'm blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment