Thursday, October 14, 2010

Knock, Knock, Knocking at my door


Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can- there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did.  - Sarah Caldwell


Another phase of growing up: Realizing adults were right all along.

Growing up in a home with a "motivational mother" I always heard her say to take every opportunity that I had to grow and change. Now that I'm literally "growing up" I'm realizing how helpful that advice really was.

Things that I wished I would have learned from other people before now:
  • How to legitly cook. (I always go wrong somewhere even when following recipes.)
  • How to stay awake in 8 a.m. classes
  • How to scrub a tub without soaking yourself. 

Things that I've learned lately from people around me:
  • Think before you speak.
  • Never take cookies to a boys apartment if you live in Utah
  • How to drive on a major interstate

Things that I look forward to learning:
  • How to serve/help those around me through my education
  • Life's greatest lessons.
  • Yep- can't think of a third one.

Opportunities have been coming at me left and right and I'm taking everyone I can. It looks like it's going to be a wild ride but boy am I ready to rock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment