Saturday, October 16, 2010

Stuffed French Toast

From the gut comes the strut, and where huger reigns, strength abstains. - Francois Rabelias

Devaun has been really wanting to go eat french toast for the past few Saturdays and so to appease her this morning I pulled up my skunk hair and we went off on adventure for breakfast. My agreement to going was because I was really craving stuffed french toast. We got the in car and to Denny's we went because it was the closet breakfast restaurant to us at the time. We sat down among America's finest and starred at the menu. After we had received our waters we still sat there starring at the menus. Until we both looked at each other and knew nothing Denny's had to offer us would do the trick. So we did it. We dashed. I didn't feel horrible about this situation because all we left was our menus and glasses of water. Devaun did this awkwardly of course.

After a couple of U-turns we arrived at Magleby's. As we walked in Devaun automatically realized that this isn't what she was expecting. They, to my disappointment, did not have stuffed french toast either. 

What is the moral of this story about dine and dashing, multiple references to french toast, and Devaun? It is that I should have gone with my gut and drove our happy butts to IHOP. 


No comments:

Post a Comment