Sunday, July 8, 2012

Grab Life by the Feathers

"Once Time in Your Life" -Wanna Ostrich Farm

I rode an ostrich.

I knew before I came that I was going to go on an ostrich. My interactions with these creatures have been relatively limited however I mentally prepared to ride a bird.

Upon arriving at the Wanna Ostrich farm you literally walk up to a pin and they rangled up a bird. They asked who was first so of course it was Kristina and I who volunteered. Next thing I knew I was jumping on the bare back of an ostrich asking the little Thai guys what to do. Basically you grab the feathers, lean back, tuck your feet, and ride!

To keep the birds calm the cover their heads with a sack. The bird is just strutting around with this sack on while I'm holding on like there is no tomorrow when I look over at Kristina who was practically laying half on bird half on Thai man because the ostrich was going crazy. This sight was rather alarming. Suddenly the Thai man took the sack off and I was galloping around this pen on an ostrich like a natural.

Not to boast but I received multiple comments like "you made it look so easy" or "you were so good." I'm not sure how you are good at ostrich riding but talk about a resume builder. ;) I will give credit to my southern roots.

Thailand has reminded me to grab life by the horns, feathers, and scales. What's next? Buddah caves, overnight buses, and hopefully a beach at the end. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment