Sunday, July 1, 2012

Seven Days of Madness

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it. Not even if I have said it unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -Buddha

In the past seven days I have...
- Zip lined through the jungle, completing 22 lines and 2 extremely far drops
-Got a fish pedicure. Fish literally ate the skin of my dead feet. I actually highly recommend it.
- Spent 5 days teaching at a hill tribe school with the sweetest best behaved kids you will ever encounter.
- Deheaded a fish and ate it right off the bones. (The Nicholas would be so proud of me.) I have eaten the crazies things here. No fear.
- Spent the night in a hilltribe village fearful of a crazy grandma and loud noises. Thank goodness I had stuffed animals to snuggle with that the kids gave us.
- Learned how to write my name in Thai
- Joined in on a tradition dance. After a few songs we were told that we were wonderful.
-Visited the coolest modern Thai art exhibit.
- Road and elephant in the river
- Visited the famous White Temple here in Chaing Rai
-Hiked through the jungle to a waterfall during a rainfall.
-Purchased some crazy cool things
- Laughed till I cried.
- Was scared out of my mind, hot, sweaty.
- Took a shower using water bottles.
- Slept wrapped in Mosquito nets (which I found out later does no good to protect from bugs if it is touching your skin so my sweaty nights were for nothing).
-Climbed a mountain to visit a Chedi.

Basically Thailand is wonderful. I can't blog enough about it because the experiences are fantastic. Hopefully during the next week we can avoid leeches, massive rashes, and extreme food. Wish us luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment